How to upload and see the file
Make sure all the fields you’re going to upload the field data for, are saved in your account. The best practice is to upload vector files with field boundaries. (Here’s how)
- Go to the “Field Data” tab. To upload your file either drag it into the browser window or click on the “Add file” button. It will appear in the “Upload file” menu.
- Select the type of operation performed on the field and make sure the file got attached to the field. After that click “Save”.
- Use the button in the upper left corner of the map to switch between the types of data in the file.
The file is too large
We can only process files up to 10 Mb. Here’s what you can do:
- Try compressing the file by creating a .zip archive. That way you can reduce the size. If the file is under 10 Mb, try uploading it to the platform.
- Convert your file to another format. This might help to reduce the size of the file.
- Upload the data for one field at a time. For example, if the file is in the Shapefile format, you can upload the .shp, .shx and .dbf (and other available formats) files for each field separately.
If none of these tips help, send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the chat. Describe the situation in a couple of words and attach the file!
No files found
Seems like the file you’re trying to upload isn't supported by the platform. Please, use shapefiles (.shp, .shx, .dbf, .prj, .sbn, .sbx) or .zip files.
What kind of data farmers need — hints and tips to get you started.