- Stop the ongoing recordings and your machinery.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the port. It should have at least 1GB of free memory.
- The "Data Transfer" window will appear within about 10 seconds.
If the window doesn't appear soon, it means that the USB flash drive wasn’t recognized. Try inserting it in the other USB port, reformatting the USB flash drive (FAT or FAT32), or try a different USB flash drive.
- Select the "Export Data" option.
- Select or create a "profile name" where the data will be stored on the USB.
Warning: If you export data to an already existing profile, it will overwrite all setup information and data in that profile except for the documentation files used by the desktop software.Don’t use the following characters (\ / : * ? " < >) when creating a profile name. These will cause the profile to fail to load to a display or Apex.Tip: It takes less time when you export repeatedly to the same profile because the documentation files that are already in the profile on the USB aren’t exported again.
- Select "Begin Transfer".
- Select "Export Data from Gen3 2630"
Large data sets may take several minutes to transfer. Power loss or removing the USB during data transfer may cause data loss.
When the data transfer is complete, a message that states "Data transfer is complete" will appear. You can eject the USB now.
Next step: uploading and visualizing the data in your account on the platform. See this guide if you need any help with it. 👨💻